2 tablespoons butter, divided 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1 cup turkey ham, cubed 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1 cup fresh peaches or nectarines, chopped 1 Pinch of salt 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 cup buttermilk 1 cup maple syrup 2 eggs 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal 3 tablespoons butter, melted 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 tablespoon sugar 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
1) In a small skillet, sauté ham cubes. Remove and set aside.
2) Melt 1 tablespoon butter, peaches and cinnamon.
3) Sauté until fruit is lightly browned. Remove from heat and add syrup and set aside.
4) In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5) Blend buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla in another bowl.
6) Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring until evenly moistened.
7) Fold in ham cubes.
7) Pour approximately ¼ cup of batter onto a hot griddle for each pancake.
8) Cook until brown on the bottom and bubbles form around edges, then carefully flip and cook until done, 1-2 minutes.