6 slices bread 2 tablespoons butter, softened 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese ¾ pound deli thinly smoked turkey ½ pound mushrooms, sliced and sautéed in butter 1 7-ounce can diced green chiles 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese 6 eggs 2 cups milk ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste) ¼ teaspoon onion salt ½ teaspoon each paprika, dried basil, black pepper and dry mustard
1) Spread bread slices with butter and arrange buttered side down in 9x13-inch baking dish.
2) Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
3) Place smoked turkey on top of cheese, then add mushrooms and chiles.
4) Top with Monterey Jack cheese, beat eggs, then add milk and seasonings. Pour over ingredients in dish.
5) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
6) Uncover and bake in 325ºF oven for about 50 minutes or until set. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.