1 cup unsalted butter 1 cup granulated sugar3 large eggs1 cup unsifted, all-purpose flour1/2 teaspoon salt1/2 teaspoon baking powder2 containers (1/2 pint each) fresh raspberriesConfectioners' sugarWhipped cream (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350ºF and butter a 2-quart oval or 9x9x2-inch baking dish.
2) In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition to combine.
3) In large bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder; with mixer at low speed, gradually add flour mixture until incorporated.
4) Spread batter in prepared baking dish. Scatter raspberries on top.
5) Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and top is lightly browned, about 45 to 50 minutes.
6) Cool 20 minutes and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
7) With a large spoon, scoop out onto serving plates. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
Recipe makes 6 servings.
Source: Everyday Food, July-August, 2006.