4 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken1 cup chopped celery3 cups cubed fully cooked ham or turkey ham 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese 1 cup chopped onions 1/4 cup butter or margarine 1/3 cup all-purpose flour 2 cups half and half cream 2 heaping tablespoons honey Dijon mustard 1 teaspoon dill weed 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
TOPPING: 1 cup dry stuffing crumbs2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted1 teaspoon lemon pepper1/2 cup shredded cheddar1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1) In a large bowl, combine the turkey, ham, celery and cheese; set aside.
2) In a saucepan, sauté the chopped onion in butter until tender. Add flour; stir to form a paste. Gradually add the cream, stirring constantly.
3) Bring to a boil; boil one minute or until thick. Add dill, mustard, and nutmeg; mix well. Remove from the heat and pour over the meat mixture.
4) Spoon into a greased 9x13x2-inch baking dish.
For the topping:
1) Toss the bread crumbs, butter and lemon pepper together.
2) Stir in the cheese and nuts. Sprinkle over the casserole and bake, uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.