1 pound uncooked spaghetti, broken into thirdsReserved 1/4 cup of cooking water1 teaspoon cornstarch1 2.1 ounce box cooked bacon strips2 teaspoons prepared roasted garlic1 cup 2 % reduced-fat milk1 teaspoon salt1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper3 large eggs1 cup frozen green peas, defrosted1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1) Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup hot cooking liquid.
2) Reheat 12 bacon strips in the microwave, according to package directions.
3) Cool and crumble. Set aside.
4) Combine milk, garlic, salt, pepper and eggs, stirring with a whisk.
5) Gradually add reserved hot cooking liquid to cornstarch, and then add to the milk mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk.
6) Add pasta, milk mixture and peas to skillet.
7) Cook over low heat 3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
8) Add bacon and cheese; stir to combine.