2 Tablespoons whole cranberry sauce2 Tablespoons apple butterEight slices of whole-grain bread1 Tablespoon mayonnaise 1 cup stuffing – turkey or chicken1/2 cup turkey gravy1 lb. turkey – thickly sliced12 slices turkey baconSalt and pepper to taste2 Tablespoons butter, softenedLettuce leaves1 Tomato, sliced
1) Mix apple butter and cranberry sauce together, set aside.
2) Spread each slice of bread with a thin layer of mayonnaise.
3) Top one slice of bread with stuffing, a thin layer of gravy, 1/4 of the turkey and three slices of bacon.
4) Add another thin layer of gravy.
5) Spread one fourth of apple butter/cranberry mixture on the other slice of bread. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6) Assemble the sandwich. Repeat for the remaining three sandwiches.
7) Butter each side of the sandwiches on the outside, then toast on a preheated sandwich grill or heavy skillet, pressing firmly on each side until golden brown.
7) Garnish with lettuce and tomato.
Serves 4 – 8.