¼ lb. butter or margarine, room temperature1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature1 ¼ cups sugar2 eggs1 teaspoon vanilla extract2 cups all-purpose flour1 teaspoon baking powder½ teaspoon baking soda¼ teaspoon salt¼ cup cold milk 1 (6-ounce) package chocolate chips (1 cup)
Pecan Topping Ingredients:
¼ cup sugar1 teaspoon cinnamon¼ cup chopped pecans
1) Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C.) Grease a 9" x 3" spring form pan; set aside.
2) Prepare Pecan Topping; set aside.
3) In a large bowl, cream butter or margarine, cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
4) Add vanilla, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in cold milk and chocolate chips. Mixture will be very thick.
5) Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with Pecan Topping.
6) Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
7) Let cool 15 minutes. Remove outside ring from spring form pan and cool cake completely.
Pecan Topping Directions:
1) Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
Makes 12 servings