Pork Roast With The World's Best Pork Loin Rub
2 to 2 1/2 pound boneless pork loin roast1 1/4 cups brown sugar2/3 cup sugar3 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper2 tablespoons kosher salt OR 1 tablespoon salt2 tablespoons ground ginger4 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder4 1/2 teaspoons onion salt1 tablespoon dry mustard1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper (cayenne)1 1/2 teaspoons ground red pepper (cayenne)1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin1 1/2 teaspoons paprika3/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
1) Stir together brown sugar, sugar, black pepper, salt, ginger, garlic powder, onion salt, dry mustard, crushed red pepper, ground red pepper, cumin, paprika and thyme in small bowl.
2) Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the brown sugar mixture* evenly on all sides of the pork roast; use your fingers to rub into pork.
3) Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, until internal temperature is 150 degrees F., 40 minutes to 1 hour.
4) Remove from oven. Cover with foil; let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
*Note: Store remaining brown sugar mixture in airtight container at room temperature up to 3 months; use on pork roasts or chops before roasting or grilling. Recipe makes about 3 1/2 cups dry rub.
Tangy Saucy Pork Loin Chops
6 pork loin chops, boneless or bone-in, 3/4-inch thick 4 cloves garlic, minced 2/3 cup apple jelly 2/3 cup catsup 2 tablespoons vinegar 2 teaspoons chili powder Nonstick cooking spray
1) Combine apple jelly, catsup, vinegar and chili powder in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
2) Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Brown chops on one side. Turn over and top each chop with crushed garlic.
3) When browned on second side, spoon about 1 cup of the sauce over meat.
4) Cover skillet and cook about 5 minutes longer or until internal temperature is 160 degrees F.
5) Serve with remaining sauce.
Peachy Pork Picante
1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes1-2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix2 teaspoons vegetable oil1 8-ounce bottle chunky-style salsa1/3 cup peach preserves
1) Coat pork cubes with taco seasoning.
2) Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add pork and cook to brown, stirring occasionally.
3) Add salsa and preserves to pan, lower heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4) Serve over rice, if desired.