2 cups finely grated carrots2 cups all-purpose flour1 teaspoon cinnamon1 teaspoon salt1 teaspoon baking soda1 teaspoon baking powder4 large OHIO eggs2 cups granulated sugar3/4 cup vegetable oil1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup softened cream cheese1/4 cup butter, softened1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract2 cups powdered sugar2-4 tablespoons of milk1/2 cup chopped pecans
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper cupcake liners.
2) Sift flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together, set aside.
3) In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs until well blended.Add sugar, oil, grated carrots and vanilla. Mix well by hand or at medium speed with a hand mixer.
4) Spoon batter into cupcake liners, about 3/4 full. Place the pans in the preheated oven and bake for 12 minutes.
5) Switch the pans so the upper pan is now on the lower oven rack and visa versa. Bake an additional 12 minutes.
6) Let cool completely before frosting.
7) To prepare the frosting: Using a hand mixer, blend the butter and cream cheese together, along with the vanilla.
8) Add the confectioner's sugar slowly to the mixture, blending well.Add milk sparingly until a good consistency for the frosting is reached.
9) Frost each cupcake and decorate with chopped nuts, if desired.
Yield: 24 cupcakes.