1 1-pound box ziti or penne pasta, cooked according to package directions2 tablespoons butter1 8 ounce package fresh sliced mushrooms2 cups low-fat milk1 can cream of mushroom soup1 cup fat-free chicken broth or left over turkey broth1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese3 cups cooked diced turkey1 cup frozen peas1 cup shredded, reduced-fat Cheddar cheese1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper1/2 teaspoon salt
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a shallow three-quart baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
2) In a small skillet, melt the butter and sauté mushrooms lightly.
3) In a large bowl combine the soup and milk and stir to smooth consistency.
4) Add the chicken broth and mushrooms.
5) Stir Parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese, pasta, turkey and peas into the soup mixture; spoon into prepared baking dish.
6) Cover the baking dish with foil.Bake about 35-40 minutes or until edges are browned and bubbling.
7) Sprinkle with additional cheddar cheese, if desired.
Yields eight servings.