1 can (15.5 ounces) whole kernel white & yellow corn, drained1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper1/2 cup garden salsa4 tablespoons yellow cornmeal2 teaspoons chili powder1/2 cup bacon bits, cooked and crumbled4 eggs1 cup nonfat milk1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend1/2 cup crushed tortilla chipsSour creamFresh cilantro, chopped
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Evenly coat an 8-inch ovenproof skilled or 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
2) To make the handle of skillet ovenproof, wrap completely in aluminum foil.
3) In medium bowl, stir together corn, pepper, salsa, cornmeal, and chili powder.
4) Spread evening into prepared skillet or baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon.
5) In same bowl, beat together eggs and milk until well blended. Pour over corn mixture.
6) Bake until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes.
7) Sprinkle with shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
8) Dollop with sour cream and fresh cilantro.
Makes 4 servings.