It was an early start to the day for Bath firefighters after a morning house fire Thursday.
The call came down to 671 Ford Avenue just before six o'clock after a neighbor dialed 9-1-1 and said she spotted flames coming out of the front of the house. An Allen County sheriff's deputy and firefighters searched the home for its owner and lone occupant, Kim Archer. Turns out she was away at the hospital awaiting a doctor's appointment. Bath Fire Chief Joe Kitchen says when they are unsure whether anyone is inside or not, the game changes.
No one was injured in the blaze. But Kitchen says a pet dog and cat were killed.
He says the house is a loss and puts the damage estimate at 75 thousand dollars.