By Brian Schroeder, Morning Meteorologist-reporter - email
It was a day of firsts at the Auglaize County Courthouse today. For the first time, land was given to the park district. John and Alma Kuffner gave the park district fifteen acres of land, making it the first wooded park land in Auglaize County. This is also significant because it was the first case to come before Judge Mark Spees in the newly renovated courthouse.
Since the courthouse was dedicated in 1894, it was due for some renovations. Desks in the courtrooms now have ports that make it possible to display presentations on flat screen TVs. This will also make it possible for detained people to make court appearances without being transported to the courthouse. Saving money and the time of law enforcement officials.