Baseboard heater believed to be cause of Elida house fire - Hometownstations.com-WLIO- Lima, OH News Weather Sports

Baseboard heater believed to be cause of Elida house fire

Posted:
Officials say the cause of the fire was attributed to a baseboard heater in a bedroom above the garage. Officials say the cause of the fire was attributed to a baseboard heater in a bedroom above the garage.
The garage suffered severe fire damage while the rest of the house received smoke and heat damage. The garage suffered severe fire damage while the rest of the house received smoke and heat damage.
Elida, OH -

A family pet could be credited with saving an Elida family early Monday morning.

According to the American Township Fire Department, the family dog alerted everyone inside the house of an ongoing fire, allowing one adult and three children to escape safely. Officials say the cause of the fire was attributed to a baseboard heater in a bedroom above the garage. The garage suffered severe fire damage while the rest of the house received smoke and heat damage. The cost of damages are estimated around $175,000. Assisting with the fire was the Shawnee Township Fire Department along with the American Red Cross to help the family.

/
Loading...