Slabtown Road bridge work - Hometownstations.com-WLIO- Lima, OH News Weather Sports

Slabtown Road bridge work

Posted:
The bridge on Slabtown Road, north of Bluelick is scheduled for a full replacement. The bridge on Slabtown Road, north of Bluelick is scheduled for a full replacement.
The fifty foot bridge was built in 1941 and is showing signs of aging. The fifty foot bridge was built in 1941 and is showing signs of aging.

Another two bridges in Allen County are marked for construction work this summer.

The bridge on Slabtown Road, north of Bluelick, is scheduled for a full replacement. The 50-foot bridge was built in 1941 and is showing signs of aging. It's also very narrow for all the traffic it now sees. The project is estimated at $685,000 with 80% of that covered by a grant from the Ohio Public Works Commission and the remaining 20% by the county. This will be the biggest project for the engineer's office this year.

A 40-foot bridge farther north on Slabtown Road will also see repair work this summer.

/
Loading...