Jack-O-Lantern Stuffed Peppers
Preheat oven to 350° F
Prep time: 25min
Cook time: 1hr
3 bell peppers (any color—orange, red or yellow for the season)
½ lb ground beef
1 c bread crumbs (preferably unseasoned)
½ small onion—diced
1 clove garlic—minced
¼ cup ketchup
2 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- Grease a baking dish of your choice (size doesn't matter as long as all the peppers fit.)
- Lightly mix together the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, onion, tomato, garlic, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and salt+pepper in a bowl.
- Wash the peppers, cut the Jack-O-Lantern faces into the pepper with a paring knife, slice off the top and scoop out the core and seeds.
- Stuff the peppers lightly with the beef stuffing and place them into the baking dish so they lean on each other.
- Bake until the peppers are tender and the stuffing is cooked through. (about an hour)
Serve with marinara sauce optional