A fire causes serious damage to a Lima home and killed a family pet

The Lima Fire Department was called out to 919 N. Metcalf St. just before 1 p.m. Thursday for reports of smoke coming from the roof of the home.

A fire causes serious damage to a Lima home and killed a family pet

When they arrived, the kitchen was fully engulfed in flames. There was only a dog home at the time, who died in the fire. Firefighters think the fire started by something on the stove or the stove itself. Most of the damage was contained to inside the home, the estimated cost of damages is around $35,000.

 

Assignment Editor

Hello! I am the assignment editor here at Your Hometown Stations. If you have a story idea, you can email us at newsrelease@wlio.com.