Kitchen fire destroys a Lima home

A kitchen fire is to blame for destroying a Lima home. At 3:15 a.m. Monday morning(11/11/19), the Lima Fire Department was called out to 500 block of South Nye Street for a fully involved house fire. No one was home at the time, the fire was so intense it caused the second story to collapse and cause severe damage to the rest of the home. The person that lived there returned home while the fire department was fighting the blaze and admitted that he had put something on the stove and left the house hours before the fire department was called out. The home is a total loss, the Red Cross was called to assist the person that lived there.

Copyright 2019 by Lima Communications Corp. All rights reserved.

Assignment Editor

Hello! I am the assignment editor here at Your Hometown Stations. If you have a story idea, you can email us at newsrelease@wlio.com.

Digital Content Manager

Hello, I'm the Digital Content Manager here at Your Hometown Stations. I manage our web and social media content, assisting news with posting their articles and video.