As featured on
“It was just a terrible ordeal,” said James Cooper. “It’s like living through a nightmare.”
After losing everything in an early morning fire on January 22, a Shawnee family is speaking out about their frightening ordeal.
“I remember waking up and he was screaming and I just thought maybe he’d had a night terror but I woke up and there was smoke everywhere.”
They were able to get their two daughters, 5 year old Breesyn and 1 year old Ardyn, out quickly because they were already in the room with them, but Dina had to go upstairs to get their son, 4 year old Davyn.