Two homes were evacuated in Delphos today for what the fire chief said could have been a bad scenario.
According to Delphos Fire officials, one home in the 500 block of North Street and the home behind it were evacuated due to a gas leak. Dominion Energy was conducting a routine gas check this morning when the leak was discovered. It took about four hours to get under control before residents were allowed back into their homes. AEP shutdown the power in the area as a precaution and Dominion planned to be on scene through the afternoon.