Heater in a bedroom believed to be cause of house fire on S. Reese Avenue

LIMA, OH (WLIO) - Lima firefighters were called out to 1429 South Reese Avenue around 3:30 a.m. Tuesday morning for a house fire.

Heater in a bedroom believed to be cause of house fire on S. Reese Avenue

It is unknown if anyone was home when the fire started. The fire did extensive damage to the rear of the home. Fire officials say they believe that the fire started at a heater unit in one of the bedrooms, and then traveled to the basement and attic. Firefighters were on the scene for a couple of hours. The cost of the damage is estimated at $16,000.

Copyright 2022 by Lima Communications Corporation. All rights reserved.

Assignment Editor

Hello! I am the assignment editor here at Your Hometown Stations. If you have a story idea, you can email us at newsrelease@wlio.com.

Digital Content Manager

Hi, I manage online content here at Your Hometown Stations and assist reporters with posting their articles and press releases to our website and social media pages.